Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
 When we ask for God's blessing, we're not
asking for more of what we could get for
ourselves.  We're crying out for the  wonderful,
unlimited goodness that only God has the power
to know about or give to us.
from: The Prayer of Jabez
by: Bruce Wilkinson

I know Christmas is about Jesus...I know this well. And my journey to know Him and love Him better is a good one.  My concerted efforts to study  and learn about His life and Gospel has become a beautiful thing for me.
But what is Christmas without family?  Family was a little sparse this year...with it being an 'off' year...But there is nothing "off" about having Clark and Jenna and Gideon here and with celebrating with grands. William and Ben's enthusiasm and wonder are the reason for the season as well.

Im not embarrassed to admit...whenever we go to the DI we find a treasure. This time if was an armful of grandma furry hats!! They made us happy..all those hats and fur collars...that smelled like a grandmas drawer...talcum powder and musty perfume. We think we sport them well, dont you??!


 You gotta love Old Main Hill at the University!!  And the sunshine on this day was heaven sent!!  It felt like it had been months since the sun had shone around here!! A perfect day for sledding!! PERFECT!!!

 I love these people!!
 I challenged David to a race...he started of strong....but I beat him in the end!! Good times!!!



Im so grateful for my good, good family. They bring me such joy and happiness, and fun times.

And words cant express how very proud I am of of these two kids. Medical school is a challenge I cant possibly comprehend...and to have them both so challenged is remarkable to me.  Their being able to relax for a time was such a gift ...for I know not what else I could do for them.... God bless them.

1 comment:

Jared + Carly Reid said...

I love your family! I'm so glad you are blogging again. I've missed your posts! Congrats to Joe on his award. That is so amazing!! And I loved your post about marriage. Miss you!