Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
I like it when it rains hard.  It sounds like white noise
 everywhere, which is like silence but not empty.
from: A Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night
by: Mark Haddon

What I've Learned Today:

I am fortunate...at least 50 friends took the time to say something nice to me for my birthday. I am grateful for all the birthday wishes this week. I am grateful for another year!

If I had a 100 million dollars or even 2 billion dollars I should give it all away to help others. This is the way to find true happiness. (I bet you can  tell that I watched THE ULTIMATE GIFT with my mom)  Or, as C.S. Lewis said, "I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare.  In other words, if our expenditure on comforts, luxuries, amusements, etc, is up to the standard common among those with the same income as our own, we are probably  giving away to little. If our charities do not at all pinch  or hamper us, I should say they are too small.  There ought to be things we should like to do and cannot do because our charities expenditure excludes them."
gulp

I am indeed a terrible passenger. Road trips are best when I can have command of the wheel.


Again, nothing is for sure in life ...except for change.

Living one day at a time is easier said than done.

My dad's Toyota Prius will spoil me for the rest of my life.  Gas prices suck!!

I do love hiking with Lovely people.

My dad and mom are so very generous.

My kids' joy is my joy

Pepsi is a thorn in my side.

My mom has a beautiful smile...and.. shes always smiling.

Baby girl Evelyn is a princess. Already.

Im grateful I wasnt born in 1682 in tsarists Russia. So grateful. (Reading Peter the Great by, Robert Massie)

I'd almost forgotten what rain looked like, felt like and smelled like.  Salt Lake has had rain!!

No comments: