Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
Properly, we should read for power. Man reading
 should be man intensely alive. The book should
 be a ball of light in one’s hand. — Ezra Pound



As I look at the list of books I've read thus far this year...(found here) This one is going to top the list of all time favorites. Now the challenge will be getting my boys and daughter to pick it up and give it a 3 paragraph try...before they will be guaranteed an amazing read!!
Here we have a true story of a remarkable war hero.  A story of resilience and friendship and the determination of the human spirit to survive.
I dont want to spoil your reading of this book...it is full of tragedy and adventure, history and heartache. But it is also a most inspiring reads as well.  When I finished the last pages and closed the book, I was a wiser and better person for having read it. And  I am once again left feeling so grateful for our war veterans.  The older I get the more I despise war...and I still feel the same way after reading this...but I am so grateful to those that go and defend freedom and men's rights in pursuing happiness and fulfillment and peace.
This story has Olympic hero's and high school prankery.
Imagine 46 days on a rubber raft in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, with scant survival supplies.
Can I just say...SHARKS.
Imagine losing half your body weight
Drifting 2000 miles..only to find yourself in enemy hands.
Prison camps for almost 2 years...under ruthless Japanese abuses.
Family faith and prayers and undying hope.
Realizing that God truly does have His hand in all things.


If you dont read any other book that I've recommended this year, please read this one!!
We all need more true hero's in our lives and Louis will soon be one of them after you read UNBROKEN!!
Way to go Laura Hillenbrand for another great story!

No comments: