Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Sunday Grumblings


Today, self-confidence is leaking out from my every pore.
Pretty soon it'll be gone, completely empty...
Its not a pretty sight.
Change is hard sometimes...
We asked for it...to be sure...
but still....
it's hard.
Staying the same is comfortable, cozy even.
Alas, its not in the game plan for me...
a shift in focus is occurring....
I've told my kids from the dawn of time that life isnt fair...
If Im not acting like my normal cool self...
make note...
change is hard. Hard on me.
Thats all I can say for now.
Stay tuned for more complaining and whining.

God is in charge....?????
Right??????

3 comments:

Cindy Winward said...

They say misery loves company, turn around, I'm right behind you walking the same path.

Judy said...

Oh my goodness. Did you get called to be RS President?

Lynley said...

Cindy,

God is totally in charge, even when he puts things in our path that we cannot fathom reasons for at the moment, like moving to Utah from a green, wet place. Or transitioning from lovely warm weather to frigid arctic temps. Or being kicked out of your comfy group of friends to be forced to make new friends in a new ward.

I'm not sure about all of the bad things going on in your life, or all of the changes that seem pointless, but I know there's some greater purpose behind them. If only to show weak people like me that strong people like you can feel the effects of change, sometimes in a not-so-convenient way.

As my dad tells me in every email: keep the faith and have fun. That's all we can hope for, right? Having a new experience and laughing when it's over.

Lynley