Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

First Aide Required

Many missionaries believe when they first leave home, that they are leaving the "Garden of Eden" for the "lone and dreary world." After missionary service, they have a paradigm shift and think they are leaving the "Garden of Eden" for the "real" lone and dreary world.
-unknown

Without realizing it, my dear daughter stabs me in the heart with each of her letters lately. She hasnt a clue she inflicts such pain.... Each week she writes us these amazing, uplifting, inspiring, delightful letters, full of news and good advise, and encouragement. She assures us with great aptitude, of just how happy she is, how much she LOVES what shes doing. She tells us of the people that she has come to know and love. Every week is an adventure for her. She loves adventure!! She LOVES serving her fellowman. And then... she mercilessly goes for the jugular and states that she never wants to come home. She cant picture herself back, living in 'the world' again. I truly do empathize with her!! I do 'get it.' And I know I've said all this before; I know. But...she needs to 'get it' too, dont you think? Each week I look for a small crack in her determination, a sign that shes not so tough, that she misses her mommy, or that she secretly longs to play with her nephew. That she might possibly miss her moms cooking??? Meanwhile her mother is here wasting slowly away, missing her. Wanting her here to partake all the great joys we have here on the home front. I want to share them with her!! I want to be able to pick up the phone and talk to her!! Im so selfish. Im also sounding like a broken record. I need a tourniquet applied to my mouth and emotions.
What I've Learned: Its a darn good thing that the Gospel is true!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Been gone to Colorado and am catching up on your blog! Missed the email forward from Anna. Sounds like she's doing GREAT!
You have a lot of good posts this past week. Loved seeing the Fitness Ridge video (no wonder you love your job)! The Memory Lane one is great too - except I don't have a blog. But that's okay. I'll think of SOMETHING I'm sure to post (after 36 years you'd think I'd have a few memories - will have to think up a doozy!)

Linda said...

You don't sound like a broken record at all nor do you need to apply a tourniquet...you're just a mom missing her baby!

I know what you mean about going for the jugular though. Everytime my daughter says she can't wait to get back to college, I feel a little pang in my heart!

Barbara said...

You really can miss them a lot can't you???
I've had 2 leave and come back and leave again to marry....life just keeps moving forward and what can we do???
Just keep on loving them I guess... and then there are those sweet grandkids..now there is the "Payoff"!!!!
B.