Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
“It's not what a movie is about, 
it's how it is about it.”
― Roger Ebert


For a woman who loves to go to the movies...I sure didnt go to many this year.  (Now there's a good goal for 2020!)
Looking back I see  I only have 8 movies that I felt worth mentioning. And picking the favorite was a good, thought provoking experience.  
But if I MUST- my choice for a favorite will be Bohemian Rhapsody.  My reasoning ifor this pick is that I think about this movie the most out of the handful I saw this year.  I am haunted by Freddie and his life. And yes, I do know that this movie didnt portray his life in its true form. But I do know that he was a gifted and conflicted  and talented young soul.  I am tormented at times by peoples burdens and choices...Freddie and Michael Jackson to name a few of the many.  I love Freddies music...I have many of his classics on my playlists.  Rami did an amazing job of playing Freddie! And Im still kinda amazed at how the supporting actors looked so much like the characters they are playing. This is the only movie this year that I watched several times.  So that is why its at the top of my short list.


The other movies Im noting for the year goes as follows:
2nd- Aladdin- with Will Smith. This was such a pleasant surprise!! I went in with low expectations and came out happy and singing a tune or two. 



3rd- The Ballard of Buster Scruggs- Dark, Dark, Dark...not for the faint of heart. But I think about this one a lot too. Its course and also a work of art. 



4th- The 100 Foot Journey- Warm and delicious!!



5th- Ford vs Ferrari- very interesting, well acted and beautifully shot! Who knew that camera angles could play such an influential part of a race car movie!!??


6th- Downton Abbey- It was wonderful catching up with old friends!!


7th- Avengers Endgame- Laugh out-loud fun and adventure!


8th- Yesterday- fun, a unique concept and who can go wrong with Beatles music?!


P.S.- It has just now occurred to me that some of these movies may not be strictly 2019 movies. But guess what?! They were for me!! So Im counting them!!
P.S.S.- And I also realize that 2019 isnt over yet! Knifes Out is definitely on my list to see before the years out!






No comments: