Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
Mountains are giant, restful, absorbent. 
You can heave your spirit into a 
mountain and the mountain will keep
it, folded, and not throw it back as some
creeks will.  The creeks are the world 
with all its stimulus and beauty; l live
there.  But the mountains are home.
from: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek
by: Annie Dillard

It was a glorious afternoon, sweating, and huffing and puffing and mostly watching the rear ends of those I love recede before me.  But I was out on a trail!!!
Now that Brian and Mericar have moved back to Logan...I hope to hike at least once a week with them before the snow flies!! Today I am sure I hiked about 8 miles round trip. We were on the Bunchgrass Trail..a little east of Tony Grove...up Logan Canyon.  We got to the top...or at least we thought it the top...before it began to head down again, with no lake in sight...and thats when  I knew it was time for me to head back to my car. I was spent!! BandM continued on...for they had plans to camp somewhere up there in the quaking aspens. I DO NOT sleep on the ground...so it was my cue to turn around and high tail it home.
Really!?!?  Its only Sept 3rd  for petes sake and leaves are already beginning to change up here. How will an old lizard like myself deal with this reality!!??
No more coral dust between my toes either. Up here it seems its going to be alpine dust mixed with cow dung...oh boy.  We shared the whole live  long trail with lots of cows...all of which were less than happy we were disturbing their fall fattening on the slopes.
Cows to the left of me,..jokers to the right!!!
The skies were constantly changing as we trudged along.  I trudged...they seemed to glide across the trail...even with their huge packs!!



see...not one speck of coral dust....
Only brown dust and sweat...
change is good...thats what they say...

1 comment:

Jared + Carly Reid said...

Love that you are blogging again!! Love the beautiful pictures and you!