Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
 My neck and Nora Ephron's thoughts on aging....

 “Our faces are lies and our necks are the truth. You have to cut open a redwood tree to see how old it is, but you wouldn’t if it had a neck.”


 “Oh, how I regret not having worn a bikini for the entire year I was twenty-six. If anyone young is reading this, go, right this minute, put on a bikini, and don't take it off until you're thirty-four.”
 ― Nora Ephron, I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman



“Here are some questions I am constantly noodling over: Do you splurge or do you hoard? Do you live every day as if it's your last, or do you save your money on the chance you'll live twenty more years? Is life too short, or is it going to be too long? Do you work as hard as you can, or do you slow down to smell the roses? And where do carbohydrates fit into all this? Are we really all going to spend our last years avoiding bread, especially now that bread in American is so unbelievable delicious? And what about chocolate?” ― Nora Ephron,



 “…the amount of maintenance involving hair is genuinely overwhelming. Sometimes I think that not having to worry about your hair anymore is the secret upside of death.”



 Your cleavage looks like a peach pit. If your elbows faced ­forward, you would kill yourself. You’re two inches shorter than you used to be. You’re ten pounds fatter and you ­cannot lose a pound of it to save your soul. Your hands don’t work as well as they once did and you can’t open ­bottles, jars, wrappers. If you were stranded on a desert island and your food were sealed in plastic packaging, you would starve.


 “I don't think any day is worth living without thinking about what you're going to eat next at all times.”


 “There's a reason why forty, fifty, and sixty don't look the way they used to, and it's not because of feminism, or better living through exercise. It's because of hair dye. In the 1950's only 7 percent of American women dyed their hair; today there are parts of Manhattan and Los Angeles where there are no gray-haired women at all.”



 “I look as young as a person can look given how old I am.” Nora Ephron


Its empowering, insanity, therapeutic and liberating all wrapped up into one post.  When I first viewed these photos that Jenna took I was horrified. Its apparent that old age has set in...my neck is giving me away!! But Im trying not to care.  How can I when the joy and blessing are all over my face as well...grands make it worth it!!

No comments: