Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Saturday in the park, I think it was the Fourth of July

People dancing, people laughing, a man selling ice cream 
Can you dig it (yes, I can) And I've been waiting such a long time
For Saturday


Funny days in the park, every day's the Fourth of July

People reaching, people touching, A real celebration
Waiting for us all, If we want it, really want it
Can you dig it (yes, I can), And I've been waiting such a long time
For the day
by: Chicago



 Saturday did indeed feel like a celebration. 
People watching...a favorite pastime of mine...led me to believe that this day may have been everybodys' first day out after a long cold winter.  There was not a grouchy person to be found at Liberty Park. 

Everyone had a dog..a well behaved, interesting dog. (Im so so ready for a dog!) 
The park felt international. Folks from every nation seemed to be represented as we all strolled the promenade. Every picnic table was full...with people eating their favorite treats, from Little Caesars Pizza to BBQ's and ethnic favorites!! Yum!!
There were bikers of all shapes and varieties, flower-giver-outers, Rollerbladers (which I would love to give a shot at trying) paddleboat paddlers, skateboarders and lots and lots of walkers and thats not counting all the baby strollers of every make and size with moms or dads at the helm.  Even the ducks and geese all seemed happy to be alive at Liberty Park. 

This photo of Liberty Park is courtesy of TripAdvisor 

The trees at the Park seem to have been there since the Park's establishment in 1882..(what were you doing in 1882?)  I have never seen such impressive, healthy  Cottonwoods before! These massive trees have seen mighty changes in Salt Lake City...changes that they couldnt have possibly dreamed of when they were wee saplings being  planted in desert soil on good faith that they'd provide much needed shade and respite from the harshness of the environment some day. 
What a glorious day we had at the park, my sweet daughter and I.... with darling little kiddos to entertain. The day was a gift. To reconnect with my bestest of friends...to leave worries behind us for a time...we seemed to meld easily into the philosophy of the day ...."Leave your grumpy faces at the entrance and enjoy sweet relief on our grassy knolls."




No comments: