Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
"I will go forward. I will smile at the rage of the tempest,
and ride fearlessly and triumphantly across the 
boisterous ocean of circumstance, and the 'testimony
of Jesus" will light a lamp that will guide my vision 
through the portals of mortality."
-Eliza R. Snow***


2 nights ago I received a text from my daughter while they were out on a date at Sams Club.
The text said this: "David's not done with school till next December...just fyi."
(David has always said that he will be thru with school in May)
I wonder....
What were said daughters' motives in sending a text with this information?
Did she not want to witness my reaction?
Did she choose this method because she's chicken?
Or was it because the sight of tears in a grown woman, especially her mother would make her queasy?

I didnt respond to the text.  She experienced the sound of crickets in the night.

This is my official response:

YIPEE

you may insert assumed inflections, sarcastic sneers, and tone....whatever you feel applies...knowing me.

***Oh dear, dear Eliza...why cant I be blessed with one particle of your resolve and determination to make lemon bars from sour lemons!?!?

1 comment:

Anna said...

You got it! I did it so as to rip the bandaid off and I didn't want to see your reaction..I admit it. But the good news is he will probably be done before the end of fall semester..it's kind of all unofficial because it's just his lose ends, no classes.