Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

In The Kitchen

“All my life I’ve tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower
 wherever that flower would grow in thought and mind.”
 Abraham Lincoln

Artichokes
 art by Katherine Sandoz

I scored BIG time at Market Fresh!!
Today Artichokes were on sale 10 for $10.00
They were actually all out...except for one, but they generously gave me a raincheck and Im going back for 10 more in the morning!! Artichokes and Avocados...some of my most favorite foods!  Did I ever mention that My Builder and I went on our honeymoon to the Artichoke capital of the world...which just happens to be located next to some of the most wonderful beaches on the California coastline!!  Good times!!! Did you know that artichokes are considered an aphrodisac? Interesting.  It seems that much of the cuisine I enjoy are found on the list of foods that supposedly provoke sexual desire.  Interesting.

Chicken Curry Shepherd's Pie  YUM!!!!  here




Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls




In Poland, it's Golumpki.  In Russia, it's Golubtsy.  In Lithuania, it's Golabki.  In Utah, we just call it stuffed cabbage.

Traditionally stuffed with beef, lamb or pork, this dish usually includes a grain, such as rice or barley. Carrots, celery, or other vegetables round out the filling.  This week I used pork and beef.

Cabbage, a good-for-you cruciferous vegetable, contains phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, and is believed to lower the risk of cancer.  Other cruciferous veggies (aka super-veggies) are kalebrussels sproutsbroccolicauliflowerradishes, and kholrabi

I cheated a bit...for I dont have the patience that Martha does for the long prep time...so I found THIS version, with MARTHA"S  ingredients....YUM!!! Dont skimp on the yummy granny smith apple...and surprisingly...sour cream was the 'a la mode' to the cabbage!


Peace, Joy and Good Eating!!




.

No comments: