Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
Every experience God gives us, every person
He puts in our lives is the perfect
preparation for the future that only He can see.
from: The Hiding Place
by: Corrie ten Boom








News from the Ventura California Mission via Elder Brian.


This weeks letter from Brian was down-right chatty!!!
What a pleasant unexpected surprise.


He confided that he's been having more problems with his feet.  He visited a doctor and was diagnosed with 'almost' having flat feet!!!  He's now the proud owner of a pair of insoles that he hopes will also remedy his chronic shin splits.  Keeping my fingers crossed.


He confesses that studying and reading from the Doctrine and Covenants is hard for him.  He needs to know that I feel exactly the same way!! (most times when I read from the D&C I feel like God is an angry God...which I know in my heart He is not.)
Brian in "into" the Book of Mormon, just like me!! (or the New Testament)
He also reports that he loves studying the Preach My Gospel manual and has made it all the way through...from cover to cover again!! Its such a great resource for him and for me.  
It looks as though Bri is turning into somewhat of a reader.  He also told us that for his evening reading he's wading through a book entitled The Cleansing of America.  I havent read this one.  I'll have to look into it.  He described it as "crazy stuff."


I have always known Brians deep attachment to the Temples.  He longs to attend more often than time allows as he serves his mission


Brian and his companion have been teaching 4 less active families lately.  It seems they have the opportunity to do this quite often in their area.


This week he also shared with us about some special experiences hes had with fasting.   First he fasted for personal strength and guidance; another for a young mother who was just diagnosed with cancer.   Brain has been touched often by witnesses from the Holy Ghost that the work he's doing for these last many months is exactly what he should be doing.


I Love my Boy!! I miss him so very much!! People tell me that the time will fly from here on out....well, I've done this before, and I can tell you, it doesnt fly it creeps.  (Just like waiting for Baby Ben here...tick tock, tick tock....and still no baby!!!!)

No comments: