Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
She tore a page from the book and
ripped it in half. Then a chapter.
Soon, there was nothing but scraps
of words littered between her legs
and all around her. The words. Why
did they have to exist? Without them,
there wouldnt be any of this. Without
words, the Fuhrer was nothing. There
would be no limping prisoners, no
need for consolation or wordy tricks
to make us feel better.
What good were the words?
from: The Book Thief
by: Markus Zusak


Im trying to pull together another book club full of fun ladies that like to read.
I sent out an email blast, announcing my intentions.
I've discovered that we are way to busy for our own good!!!
Tonight is our first night to meet and organize.
Im not sure anyone is going to show up.
But I'll have goodies and an open mind and always the desire to start something new and fun!!
Anyone interested in attending tonight--PLEASE COME ON OVER!!!
7:30 at our new house.
Bring a list of books that you might want to read; together we'll make a list!!!


UPDATE!!!
The cool ladies showed up and we made plans and made a list.
We will meet on the first Thurs of the month-at 8:00pm
For next months' book, we will read

Frankenstein

by Mary Shelly
a good Halloween classic dont ya think!?

For Nov's book we will be reading-

The Help

by Kathryn Stockett
a delightful story and an easy read as our lives get busier this time of the year.

For December we will read-

Double Jeopardy

by Douglas Lloyd
one of the best short stories ever, for Christmas time!!!


January we will read-

A Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

by Stieg Larsson
a popular murder mystery.
(I haven't read one of these in a very long time!!)


For February's reading it will be-

A Town Like Alice

by Nevil Shute
a classic that can be read again.

Its a great start and we are excited to begin!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think this is the first time I've actually wished I lived in St. George! An actual book club that meets in person...that's what dreams are made of for me. Have fun!

Lisa said...

Wish I lived close enough to join you...sounds delightful!