Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Bliss In The Coral Dust!!

Already bloodshot and itching from fine
clouds of red dust that hung over the
entire train day after day, the travelers'
eyes blurred in the dazzling glare of
color. All were prompted to hesitate
and admire the stamina of one green
juniper. It flourished in a rocky
crevice with nary a teaspoon of sand
or soil in sight.
from: Jumping Off Places
by: Laura Stratton Friel



There is no better way to spend a Friday in Nov, than hiking in Zion National Park. And to make it all the better, try hiking a trail that is brand new, and undiscovered by two of us, and guided by an expert!! It just doesnt get better than that!!! I cant tell you how many times I thought about my loved ones that I wished were with us to share the experience!! We saw things that MANY visitors of the Park dont ever see!! And we didnt see a soul...the whole day. It was quiet beyond imagination, sunny enough to be completely pleasant, and long enough to burn some serious calories!! What happens every time I visit the Park???...it ends too soon, and I wish I didnt have to leave!!!
Still missing from my Zion experience...CONDORS!!
But it'll happen, someday!!!
You'll hear about it when it does!!
To be sure.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I have a goal! To get my foot fixed and get in shape to come hiking with you! I LOVE the desert in Fall and Spring (not so much in the summer!). I WANT TO HIKE!!

Sharon said...

Oh my, those are the most amazing pictures I've seen in a long time! What a wonderful hike! Thanks for sharing.