Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Who Me???


A while back (before I was completely distracted by missionaries, life, company, houseboating and laundry)I received a nomination!! Now Im supposed to give a speech!! A silly speech. I can do silly.

"I'd like to thank the 'academy of one' for her nomination and support. This talented, lovely lady lives here and works here and I love her very much. I thank her for this prestigious award. My thanks belong chiefly to her. Being surrounded by reluctant supporters has not deterred us. She keeps me going. She comments every day! I do so appreciate all the others that take the time to visit and kudos to those of you that go the next step and leave a comment!!! Comments are a legal substance that has been known to produce a high. Comments are presents that can be opened every day.
I have determined though, that I'd keep on writing and posting- even if my comment box was filled only with the sound of lonely crickets chirping. This is a kind of therapy for me. Its journaling, it places me in a new, and dynamic community.
I know that the men in my life, ie; my sons and hubby and father, lurk/stalk my blog. Knowing this is some incentive too. Realizing that someday in the future, when Im dead, when my bones turn to dust, somebody will click and search for something here-This is enough! I will carry on. Meanwhile, I learn new things, I test and strengthen my writing "skills", I like sharing with the web world my thoughts and views on things that are important to me and things that are silly. Thus, I may indeed prove to be a long time member of this growing society!!
I thank you very much. I thank God very much. And my family and friends.
Peace out!!!!!


There are some duties to uphold with this award, so if you want to play along, here's whatcha do....

1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you've nominated.
6. Write an acceptance speech in the style of the Academy Awards, thanking everybody's mother, father, sister, brother, aunties and uncles and kitchen staff at your favorite restaurant!
(photo found at shorpy.com)


I Nominate:
1. Linda at LindaJake
2. Barbara at Our Life Together
3. Lisa at Heart of My Song
4. Becky at Just Me & My Little Adventures...
5. Natalie at All Because Two People Fell In Love
6. Lynley at Kitty, We're Not in Mississippi Anymore
7. Julie at Nielson Family

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that even Obama frquents your blog, but you know us men...no time to leave a comment. Love ya, and know that alot of people read your blog, but dont take a minute to write a response. You are an inspiration to us all though.
Love ya

Chelsea said...

Love your speech!! I think your blog is going to win a lot more awards in the future too! You're the QUEEN of BLOGS!

Linda said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you also for passing it on to me...it is so appreciated!

Have a great week and thanks again!

Lynley said...

just a thought: you are a goober. but that's a good thing b/c i like chocolate and peanuts...