Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Ordinances make possible our response  to God's invitation. 
{to follow HIm }We are enabled to formalize and consitute 
a living, dynamic relationship through a set of ritual 
preformances. We willfully and bodily participate in the forging 
of that relationship as a response to a persnal beckoning rather 
than an impersonal moral imperative. "
From: The Crucible Of Doubt
by: Givens



"Through baptism, we formally and publicly accept Christ's invitation to be our spiritual Father. Thus we signal our desire to be adopted into His family."

We have had two consecutive weekends full of beautiful family celebrations.
Beckham and Benjamin were each baptized by their good fathers, surrounded by many friends and family.....and  so many small cousins watching their great example.

Kids these days dont enter into this covenant lightly.  They are well informed 8yr olds.  Probalby way ahead of where I was when I took the step at 17 years old all those many years ago.
My official pic at the time of my baptism 1977

I love it when there is a room full of family and friends doing their very best to lean in towards God. Thats what Im trying to do this year.  Lean, lean lean in towards God.  (a Michael Jackson move going on in my heart here)
There's nothing quite so heartwarming as being among people who believe  and have faith that leening works better than not leaning...no matter how imperfectly.
Logan and Liam spoke at Beckhams baptism...and they did a mavelous job!! Kids these days just blow my mind.

Grandparents spoke at Ben's baptism...and old people rock and sometimes roll.
I am being constantanly awed and inspiried by the people I find myself in company with. We Stephensons are so blessed.
We love each other and find no striff or contention among us. I know this is a great blessing and even a bit unusual. It seems that we long to be together even. My heart bursts with gratitude in this.

1 comment:

Jared + Carly Reid said...

What a joyous day that must have been! Love seeing what's going on in your family. I especially loved your last paragraph.