Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

10 Things About Me

“I heard a preacher say recently that hope is a revolutionary patience; 
let me add that so is being a writer. Hope begins in the dark, the 
stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing,
 the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.” 
from: Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
by: Anne Lamott


(I know I posted this on Facebook the other day...but Im putting it here as well....for posterity.  Face book will scroll it away to some bottomless pit...never to be found again.  I want it here, literally...so that the kids and the grands will know where to find it. )
1.       1. Next to book stores…the stationary isle in any box store turns me on. Pens in all their varieties, paper in all its forms, notebooks and journal, and even stickers make me happy.
2.      2. Im now living under the same roof with a brilliant son in law who I know, given enough time, could pin-point the exact location on my DNA string that has the trait for addictive behavior. If he could, I would ask him to switch it off. I have addictive qualities in my life. Im easily addicted to caffeine. I am addicted to tumblr And I could easily spend the whole day playing computer solitaire if I let myself.  Instead I stay away from the ap.
3.      3. Im a wanna be artist.  I want to take classes. Im surrounded by many talented artist…all right here in my own family.  My mom, her mom- my grandmother, 3 of my sons-Joe, Brian, and Clark. Even Bob has great artistic abilities if he’d give it the time. I want to develop my creativity. Right now my creative outlet is tumblr…which I love!!
4.       4.Shush…don’t tell anyone…but I have actually been enjoying my teaching gig at church on Sundays.  Miracles do happen.  But you can ask me about this again come the first of the year when I have to take on the Old Testament. Ugh!!
5.       5.Writing brings me great joy and solace and a sense of satisfaction.  Its a form of journaling and a way of keeping connected to my family.  I write while thinking of my family…my family now and my potential family in the future. For all the wonderful grands to come! I carry notebooks with me wherever I go…to be ready for sudden and welcomed inspiration!
6.     6.  I consider my friends to be my choicest gifts and blessings. The vast majority of my friends are not even remotely close in proximity…but they are in my mind and heart.
7.      7. I fantasize  about writing and illustrating a childrens book. See #5 and #3. Right now in my minds eye I see a bowl of cheerios with giraffes and turtles with matching spots and marking all swimming in the milk and O’s.  That’s as far as it goes.
8.       8.Im a closet collector of cheap spiral bound notebooks. When I die the kids will find cupboards full of multi colored, psychedelic notebooks.  All of them bought on sale after the back to school frenzy has died down.  My reasoning?  “If I have them…I will write.”
9. Artichokes, Avocados, and Pizza are my favorite foods.
9.        10.I believe in enchantment...  in the unexpected, in the unexplained...in things that leave me breathless. Also defined as Spiritualism. I suppose I always have.
I will try to  explain further.
I believe in angels...without the feathery wings.
I believe in ghosts...but not the giant marshmallow types.
I believe we ALL have the inherent gift of the Light of Christ.
I believe in music.
I believe in change.
I believe in yours and in my divine potential.
I believe in dreams and visions.
I believe in good and evil.
I believe in wonder.
I believe in magic.
Middle Earth could exist.
Beautiful blue avatars should exist.
Gerard Butler made an enchanting Phantom.
Space travel and adventure has thrilling possibilities.
I believe I am better off with these beliefs than if I was closed off to all the possibilities.
What do you believe?

1 comment:

Jared + Carly Reid said...

Love reading all these things about you!