Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

SUNDAY RAMBLINGS

Pondering is a little like considering and a little like
 thinking, but looser. To  ponder, one must let the
 facts roll around the rim of the mind's  roulette wheel,
 coming to settle in whichever slot they feel pulled to.
from: Fluke: Or I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings
by: Christopher Moore


Sundays arent the only time we should be thinking about God.   Thinking about God is a 24/7 kind of thing. When we suddenly seem to be thinking about Heavenly Father, I think it means He may be thinking about us at that exact moment as well. In other words..He may make Himself 'known' to us...at anytime, anyplace, anywhere.  Heavenly Father is reaching out to us...when we are thinking about Him and attempting to reach Him.  When we find ourselves thinking about God..we should take notice, pay attention, and ponder what it might be that He wants us to know.  Utter a prayer. The Apostle Paul tells us to pray constantly.  But how do we do this..you might ask...when we  have to work, and eat and all such mundane things hour by hour.  But we can pray while we do these things cant we?
I say/pray simple things.  I say "thank you" a lot.  Thank you for my blessings. For good people. For a fridge full of food..for great kids.  As you already know...my prayers are hardly ever formal.  Formal Im not.   A sinner yes...formal no.  Im always asking  for strength...for guidance,  for insight as I stumble along.  I ask for forgiveness, and pray for patience. Whatever I say is fine. Whatever you say is fine. I believe the point is to respond to Heavenly Father when we feel his blessings...He is reaching out to us, whenever or whatever we are doing.
This may be the perfect way to learn to recognize His presence in our day to day comings and goings.
And that my friends is a good thing.

Peace

No comments: