Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Sabbath Musings



I do not often resemble the following scriptures:


 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for
 righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
—Matt 5:6

 I want to be better.  I want to thirst after righteousness;  to hunger for it..like I do warm scones. I want to love God more than anything else. I do want to put God first.  Yet I am weak.  But I ask you... isnt just wanting this sometimes enough?  If I remember to pray...whenever I think about wanting to love God more, and to do more in His behalf... isnt that going to  some day lead me to Him? Wont my prayers for this be answered some day?  Wont I be prompted to behave better, more often than not? I think so.

Have you read C.S. Lewis's book, The Great Divorce?
There's a great line there.. where George says, "If there's a wee spark under all those ashes, we'll blow it till the whole pile is red and clear."

My desire may manifest itself as little pathetic puffs of desire and good intentions..but they are there..and maybe someday I'll develop a full head of steam and really catch fire!! That is what I pray for...when I remember...when I feel 'hungry and thirsty.'

1 comment:

KC Naegle said...

I feel the same way. Thanks for putting my thoughts into words for me!