Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
 Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." 
-- Groucho Marx

 After the sad passing of Stephen R Covey I decided to pick up  off my shelf an old 'classic' of his, and re-read it once again.  I read this book in college.  I find I can always use help in 'centering' my life on the things that I should...and this book is full of suggestions and helps for ways in which I can remember my Savior in my everyday experiences.  I can never hear this advice too often. (But... I still find  the book by James Ferrell, The Holy Secret, easier to read, and easier to apply.) The world, and Stephens' family will greatly miss him, for he seemed to be an expert on human relations and how to apply them at home and at the work place.
My reading time has GREATLY diminished since I've taken on the waitressing job. sigh..not much time to read..or the energy..for I fall asleep easily now.  This was lasts months book club book. I read it in high school. And I didnt remember one thing about it as I read it again this time.  It was only ok. Im not sure why its on so many lists.  Maybe it was revolutionary in its time, 1965...but its no The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. I've read other things by Madeleine L'Engle and enjoyed them very much...mostly her nonfiction. I missed the book club discussion as well...so who am I to say much more.  Its a good kids read!

No comments: