Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

BIRTHDAYS REMEMBERED

Sure, the universe is large, but it isn't all that
complex. It took an impressive series of geniuses,
but now the secrets have been exposed, the
universe is not so hard to fathom.  Strangely,
I think that some of the mechanisms within
the universe - like you and me- are much more
complicated than the universe itself.  ...its easier
 to understand the Big Bang and galactic evolution
than it is to understand human thoughts and emotions.
from: Fizz
by: Zvi Schreiber




This is my darling grandma, Helen Myrtle Swenson Sharp...she was darling when she was young, and I thought she was darling when she was my grandma.  Havent a guess to how old she'd be in the above photo...but I bet it was taken way before she was married.  Late teens maybe?  It causes one to wonder what her dreams and aspirations were at this age...to marry, have babies, and see the world? She did all those things..and became a beloved grandmother as well. 


I remember our grandma Sharp being so proud and so happy on this day...watching her handsome, uniformed grandson, marry the woman of his dreams.  She was an emotional lady...like me...and was quick to cry at the happy times and when she was sad.  I loved her for that. And I also remember she had the most amazing charm bracelet...loaded down with charms from all the places she had visited in the world. That thing probably weighed 3 pounds! I was fascinated by the stories that went along with each unique charm. She dearly loved to travel. 
(I also remember the times when I used to like to sew. I made the dress Im wearing in this photo...and I was actually pleased with it...I wore it often.  Those were the days.)

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!
i know you would have loved being a great grandma!!!

.


















A generation that cannot endure boredom will be a generation
 of little men, of men unduly divorced from  the slow process
 of nature, of men in whom every vital impulse
 slowly withers as though they were cut flowers in a vase.
from: The Geography of Bliss
quoting: Bertrand Russel
by: Eric Weiner




WILLIAM HENRY WARNER

William was My Builder's great, great grandfather on his father's side.
William was born in Ipswich, Mass. on Aug 20th 1827
He was always interested in farming and in learning the best methods of sheep and cattle ranching. 
He loved to sing and was very interested in genealogy workand was  a great reader, enjoying most, reading to his family .  His history also talks of his love for flowers and gardening.
William joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when he was 25 yrs old, in 1852, along with his first wife.
 Soon after they trekked west to Utah and settled in Nephi, Utah. There he married his second wife...(yes, we're talking about polygamy here) This dear woman is the mother of  Mary Ann, who was My Builders great grandmother.  
William died July 19th, 1902.
William was an upstanding, hardworking, devoted husband and father.  He was the father of 13 children and by now, innumerable great grandchildren and great, great, greats!!!

Here's to remembering you William...and wishing you a Happy Birthday!!

No comments: