Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
One great benefit of a religious vocation is that it helps
you concentrate.  It gives you a good basic sense of
what is being asked of you and also what you might ignore.
from: Gilead
by: Marilynne Robinson
 I Know... you have Questions for me....
Why was I reading a Christmas book in May?
answer:  It was on my list; it was on the shelf when I went looking; and I needed something light after reading MARCH.
Why was this book in the adult fiction section of the library?
answer: HAVENT A CLUE!!!
The book came up on my list because I said I LOVED Whistling Season...
This  just doesnt make sense...its not all that great.  Its ok.  It would be a great book to read aloud to your kids or grandkids.  BUt...be prepared...its more of a who's who in history than it is a Christmas story.  Its a fun concept...learning about how Santa began his LONG and illustrious career.  Who knew that Roman Emperor Diocletian threw Old Santa in prison  because he was a Christian, in 303 A.D.!!!??  How rude!!!
World History through Santa's eyes, as a Christian, doing good wherever they go...along with his wife, and sidekicks... all of whom are famous folks you'd recognize.
***
thats the best I can give it.

No comments: