Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
When I was young, the future was where all the good stuff
was kept, the party clothes, the pretty china, the family
silver, the grown-up jobs. The future was a land of its
own, and we couldnt wait to get there. Not that youth
wasnt great, but it came with disadvantages; I remember
the feeling I was missing something really good that was
going on somewhere else, somewhere I wasnt. I remember
feeling life passing me by. I remember impatience. I dont
feel that way now. If something interesting is going on
somewhere else, good, thank god, I hope nobody calls me.
Sometimes it's all I can do to brush my teeth; toothpaste is just too stimulating.
from: A Three Dog Life
by: Abigail Thomas

me.1976


My kids love giving their mom a hard time...calling me "hippie mom."  I gladly wear the title.  Using funny phrases and worrying about recycling, and listening to the music from "my era" , loving Steven Tyler and mourning when trees are senselessly chopped down, are all good things.  Heres a list that'll make you smile.  


Bummer!

Can you dig it?

Catch my drift?

Catch you on the flip side.

Decent!

Don't give me that jive.

Dream on!

Dy-no-mite!

Far out!

Foxy mama!

Funkadelic.

Gag me with a spoon!

Gimme some skin.

Good night, John boy.

He's such a wackoid!

Here's the skinny...

Keep on truckin'.

Let's blow this taco stand!

Let's book it out of here.

May the force be with you.

Mellow out!

Outta sight!

Pop a wheelie.

Righteous?

Say what?

Slam dunk.

Solid!

To the max!

Trippin'!

Tubular!

Unreal!

What's happening?

Do you remember any '70s slang that you'd like to add? 




Peace Out Everyone!!


.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just did a double take because I thought that was a picture of Anna!