Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
WHAT I LEARNED THIS WEEK:


We are besieged by financial troubles, 
which I greatly resent for I consider
money one of the least important things
in life.  Yet the want of it can certainly be distracting.
from: The Many Lives and Secret Sorrow of Josephine B
by: Sandra Gulland


Herding silver foxes with their lush winter coats, and watching herds of Big Horn in Zion, is Great fun!!!
Just adding to the endless list of the great virtues of hiking!

Dean Koontz...whom I've never read before...is a genius at descriptive imagining!!

" Hard luck seemed to seep out of the ground itself,
as though the devil's rooms in Hades were directly
beneath these streets, his sleeping loft so near the
surface that his fetid breath, expelled with every
snore, percolated through the soil."
Wish I could say it that way.

If I live to be 102 and am still hiking, I'll NEVER travel every trail and canyon of Zion. NEVER!!

Still working up the nerve to share some of my New Year's Resolutions. I heard on the radio this morning as I was driving to my hike that if you have a goal...in your head...you stand a 30% chance of attaining it.  If you have a goal and you write it down...you have a 50% chance of attaining it.  BUT....If you have a goal and you write it down AND TELL SOMEONE about it....you have an 80% chance of reaching your goal!!! You'd think I'd be all over the 'sharing."....hummmm....
Stand by.


.

No comments: