Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
You're bound to get idears if you go think'in about stuff.
from: Grapes of Wrath
by: John Steinbeck


The author, Sandra Gulland researched Josephine Bonaparte's life through her diaries and letters for years before writing this historical novel. It is told in diary form,  which I really enjoyed. Josephine's entry grow and develop and expand as the book progresses; the diary entries becoming better as she becomes more educated. I was uncertain  whether I would take the time to read the next two books in the trilogy; but I am now waiting for book #2 from the library...its that good!!! Compelling historical fiction; The many characters are well-defined and beloved ,as well as  this period of time- its so engaging and detailed. The medical, social, and beauty/hygiene practices of the day were really fun to read about. Though  I am disturbed by how women were viewed and treated during this era...I guess  its yet another reason for gratitude for living in this day and age!!

**** 1/2 star










.

No comments: