Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
Let us be elegant or die!!
from: Little Women
by: Louisa May Alcott


So I have fresh basil growing in my house!  Its growing so much better than it ever did outside on my patio.I LOVE my sunny front room!!!  I harvested a large batch of this "herb from heaven" the other day...in high anticipation of making some fresh pesto.
I had a recipe I trusted... and I knew I would love every drop of it on pasta or sandwiches or right from a spoon.  But I didnt know if my family would appreciate its essences of perfection.  Ahhh...sweet Italy, will  I ever grace your country ever again?.....sigh

Anyway...
I whipped up a batch last Sunday...and fed it to my family...not knowing how it would be received.
Im thrilled to report that they loved it!!
Thank heavens for maturing palates!!
Thank heaven for basil!!!

FRESH PESTO

1 1/2 cups fresh basil
1/3 cup walnuts
2/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup virgin olive oil
3 gloves of garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

I chopped up the walnuts in a 'food processor' first, then added the basil and chopped that up together with the nuts. I then added the garlic. I then slowly added the olive oil and then the salt and pepper and cheese!
deliciousness!! 

No comments: