Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Its Friday...What made you happy this week?

People generally see what they look
for and hear what they listen for.
from: To Kill a Mockingbird
by: Harper Lee





The Huntsman Senior Games have been in St George for the last two weeks...I wont be sad to see the traffic diminish...but...watching 50yr olds and 6o yr olds, and 70 year olds, and yes an 87 year old compete in mountain bike racing....INSPIRING!!!..to say the least.  Note: the courses these folks were competing on are the exact ones that my teenage son competed on.  Enough said.

Revisiting ALIAS with a good friend for a few evenings this week.  When the cats away, the mouse will play!! I love becoming reacquainted  with Will and Marshall and Sidney and Vaughn...they seem like family now.

MONEYBALL the movie...wasnt expecting to be wowed by this movie...its about baseball, my least favorite sport...But I WAS wowed...I really, really dug it!!!  Brad Pitts 2 dollar hair cut hardly distracted.  I had no idea there were so many ins and outs to baseball!

We took the wind out of Zoey's sails this week, by wearing off the pads of her paws on the conglomerate rock on a couple of hikes...but last night..she's just about back to her old self again. Just in time for "our" Builders return home!

My Builder returns home tonight!!

My dad was in and out of the hospital ...again...but he was well taken care of-- by my good mom and an impressive nursing staff and very competent doctors. It restored some much needed faith in the medical community.

I found a fun new blog that I think I'll be following...I like her sense of humor. And her focus on fitness.  Give her a try!!! Click here.

A friend went to Veyo to buy some pie.  I got a slice. A slice of heaven. It was truly divine...the perfect mixture of chocolate, graham crackers...cream, and custard.  Amazing!!! Thanks Tracy!!

Another friend sent me an email...she's rooting for us.  She thought I'd appreciate the karma...which indeed I do!!!

Chinese numerology and Feng Shui for 2011:

This year we are going to experience four unusual dates: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11,11/11/11, and
that's not all; Take the last two digits of the year you were born and
the age you will be this year and the result will add up to 111 for
everyone!!!!


This is the year of MONEY. Also, this year, October will
have 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays & 5 Saturdays. This happens only once every 823 years. These particular years are known as Moneybag years. The proverb goes that if you send this to eight good friends, money will
appear in the next four days, as is explained in the Chinese feng shui.
Those who don't continue the chain, won't receive. It's a mystery, but
it's worth a try. Good luck to you. This only happens once in 800 years
Thanks Jennifer!

No comments: