Liesl was exercising the blatant right of
every person who's ever belonged to a family.
Its all very well for such a person to whine
and moan and criticize other family members,
but they wont let anyone else do it. That's
when you get your back up and show loyalty.
from: The Book Thief
by: Markus Zusak

Pizza, salsa and chips, cookies...yummmm
the tp was for Joe's lousy cold.
There was a turn around the room to say what we were grateful for and to share at least one of our new years resolutions. Tender feelings were expressed and interestingly enough, most of the family in the room expressed a desire to eat less and exercise more. I dont remember that being the case ever before. We really are getting older I suppose. dang!!
The babies began to nod off early, or got fussy enough that they needed their own cozy beds. 

What'cha look'in at Olive?

Then we did another first for the Stephensons!! I asked Natalie to bring out the Karaoke machine. After Natalie recovered from the shock of my asking to do something outside my/our comfort zone, she gladly complied and plugged it into the tv.
I learned that its MUCH easier to 'sing' (if I dare call it that) sitting next to Natalie who sings like an angel. Without realizing it, she lent me some confidence.
Hotel California, Beat It, and so much more!!Rob even joined in. The Builder and I sang a Carpenters song to each other. It wasnt pretty, but it was fun. The little kids loved singing Christmas songs and Old McDonalds Had a Farm. But mostly they enjoyed dancing around us as we 'played.'
It was a short-lived activity, for it is truly difficult to start new things and break out of shy and indelible ways. But not impossible!!!
Things quieted down early here. And I happily said goodnight and crawled into bed and slept the new year night away. Slept like a baby!! And awoke to a frigged new years day!! Life is good and we are blessed!!! May we all have a wonderful New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment