Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
He stood staring into the wood for a minute,
then said: "What is it about the countryside-
why is the beauty so much more than visual?
Why does it touch one so? He sounded faintly
sad. Perhaps he finds beauty saddening-I do
myself sometimes. Once when I was quite little
I asked father why this was and he explained
that it was due to our knowledge of beauty's
evanescence,which reminds us that we ourselves
shall die. Then he said I was probably too
young to understand him; but I understood perfectly.
from: I Capture the Castle
by: Dodie Smith

So Im feeling a little melancholy today. Last night the furnace came on for the first time this season. Last night I needed a sweatshirt. This week there is no hiking..and I miss it when I dont have that to look forward to every day.
The photos below were taken a few weeks ago. Its beautiful Kanarraville. We wont be visiting there again until next summer. Its just too cold back there in the slot canyon. This makes me sad too. Next week I hope to be sharing pictures of fall colors in So. Utah!! For we will hike again!!!




1 comment:

Kim said...

That looks so beautiful!! Next summer can I make plans to join you there?