Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

Book Club- Revised Schedule

Until I feared I would lose it,
I never loved to read. One
does not love breathing.
from: To Kill a Mockingbird
by: Harper Lee

(homemade bookmark I received at last
nights' bookclub- made by daughter
of the hostess with the mostest!!)

We enjoyed a lively and diverse discussion last night in our 2nd meeting of book club. Who knew there could be so much to talk about with Frankenstein!!?? It was great fun!! We also revised and edited our original schedule of books to read. I thought I'd continue to share with you what we are up to each month.

November:

The Help
by Kathryn Stockett

For December
I will give each of you your very copy of a classic short story called-

Double Jeopardy
by Douglas Lloyd
(any ideas on a fun place to meet?)

January:
The Last of the Mohican's
by: James Fenimore Cooper
-
February:
A Town Like Alice
by Nevil Shute


March:
My Hope For Peace
by Jehan Sadat


April:
The Thirteenth Tale
by:Diane Setterfield


May:
David Copperfield or The Personal History, Adventures, Experience and Observation of David Copperfield the Younger of Blunderstone Rookery
by: Charles Dickens


June:
Anna Karenina
by:Leo Tolstoy

NO bookclub in July!!!

August:
To Kill a Mockingbird
by: Harper Lee

1 comment:

Judy said...

Here's a suggestion for your book club:
The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.
AMAZING! Thought provoking, tear jerker, very different "voice" to the story! I think you will really like it!