Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
...love the skies that pull you into
infinity, like the ocean. They love the
silence, and how, if you listen long
enough, the pulse of the desert begins to
sound like the noise your finger makes
when you run it around the rim of a
crystal glass. They love the scary beauty-
snakes, lizards, scorpions, the kestrels
and hawks. They love the mosaics of water
washed pebbles on the desert floor, small
rocks that cast huge shadows, a shoot of
vegetation here, a wildflower there-
from: Plan B
by: Anne Lamott


Gathering muddy coral dust between my toes this morning!! It was a magnificent morning with the gray, angry rain clouds overhead, and the wind blowing and even a little thunder in the distance.

At one point we had to take cover under the rocks like lizards during a sudden downpour. But it didnt last long, and the scenery from our safe vantage point was amazing to behold. Have I told you lately that I LOVE my job!!!?? Even when it rains!!!!

rain where we were hiding...sunshine in the distance!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Beeeeautiful pictures! How awesome it must be to be able to say "I love my job!" Good for you!!!