Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
The air is so crisp it gives me a brief,
delusive sense of health and youth.
Those I dont have but I have learned
not to scorn the substitutes: quiet,
plenty of time, and a job to spend it on.
from: Angle of Repose
by: Wallace Stegner


So we unfold our weary bod's from the truck after the 40 min. drive to Kolob Canyon...to find the temps outside rather nippy!! 42 degrees to be exact...and the wind is blowing stiffly!! hummmmm....can I go home now mommy...where its warm??!!!
But....after layering nicely, we head out, and it didnt take long to decide that this was the perfect day to be hiking Taylor Creek!! The colors, the company, the lighting, and the opportunity to hike it one last time...for we wont be coming around again now until next spring.





Cool Keens eh? Im lov'in them!!!
My fingers and nose and ears are cold...but not my toes!! go figure
Its called Snake Grass!!! I've been wondering all summer!!!!




Double Arch Alcove


Nobody told this tree it needs soil to survive. Its doing just great growing on a Volkswagen sized sandstone boulder!!

A young work crew, working HARD to improve the trails! We thank them whole-heartedly!!!
Impressive work guys!! and gal!!
notice the beanies and fleece...Im not the only one noticing winter in the air
I wasnt exaggerating about the cold!
color and texture always stops me in my tracks!!


92 stairs to take us out to the parking lot

Ahh....Kolob....thanks again for another glorious day!!! God love ya!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

OKAY. I'm not even going to say it. You already know what I'm thinking and wishing. One of these days....

Chelsea said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the fall colors! We need to make it up the canyon sometime and enjoy that! :)