Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
The fact is, Santa stays with us. He
spans our transitions from childhood
to adulthood. He symbolizes the kindly
adult male that men wish they could be
and women keep hoping to find, if even
under a rock. He symbolizes joy and
freedom, the flow between fantasy and
reality, that is all too often lost as
we cross into our adult years.
from: Dont Bite Me, Im Santa Claus
by: Tom Plummer




Ok Cathy, you've really got my attention now!!!
A few weeks ago my dear sister-in-law recommended I read the book, THE BOOK THIEF. (review forth-coming)
And now, after pulling down a book off my notoriously dusty shelf, and opening the cover to discover that said book was gifted to me by said sister-in-law, in 2006...
which I hadnt taken the time to read before now....
Just let it be said, "you can recommend a book to me anytime!!"

I LOVE the Plummers!!
I have loved Louise Plummer for years. I love her stuff. love her humor.
And now to discover that her husband can wield a pen with as much humor and love and wit as she.... OH joy!! Oh joy!!!
Enjoy this read!!
I know you will!!!

But whatever you do- DO NOT READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH OF THIS BOOK-before you read all the pages proceeding it!! (this advice seems necessary for the sole purpose of warning those few twisted souls who are out there that do indeed flip to the last page of any book, to read the ending. A behavior I will NEVER understand!!)

I now cant wait to get my hands on all things written by Tom Plummer!!
Next it will be- Eating Chocolates and Dancing in the Kitchen

Thank you, Thank you Cathy!!
What do you think I should read next?!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Keep reviewing books and recommending, Cindy! I follow your advice faithfully. I'm just finishing "Nick in Time", which is delightful. I'm going to check out these newest ones, too. Ah, I live for books...