Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon

ZION TUNNEL WALK- THROUGH LIGHT AND DARK AND TIME

"Under a wine-dark sky I
walk through light reflected
and re-reflected from the walls
and floor of the canyon, a radiant
golden light that glows on rock
and stream, sand and leaf in
varied hues of amber, honey,
whiskey--the light that never
was is here, now, in the storm
sculptured gorge...
from:Desert Solitaire
by: Edward Abbey


Look for more information on the history of this remarkable tunnel to follow shortly!! Oh what a treat it was to be among the few who were able to participate!! A rare treat indeed!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I happened to be in the car listening to NPR when they were talking about the tunnel so I got to envision you there. I kept hoping they would interview you! It must have been wonderful. I was sad to here that the traffic control was so hard that they probably won't do it again... darn!

Tracy Jones said...

Glad you were able to be there Cindy. I am not sure how I ended up here but I was surprised to find it was you! Check out the new Adopt-a-Bighorn FB page!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1439333696&v=feed&story_fbid=124913322970&mid=103f743G55ca7d40Gbd7ab9G36#/pages/Zion-National-Park-Foundation-Adopt-a-Bighorn-Project/121685865487?ref=mf