Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
G is for Gelato, Great Friends and Good Hikes

Its delightful, its delicious,
its de-lovely.
-Cole Albert Porter





For months now I have been hearing about the gelato shop located in downtown Sugar House. I've even told friends about its renowned reputation. Last week, while hang'in with dearest friend Jan, and the girls, and after eating the most yummy Asian cuisine and strolling the streets of S. H.- we accidentally stumbled upon the famous parlor!!!We could have so easily missed it, as it was swamped by road construction. (orange cones are taking over the world!!!)


Let me just say that Im not a food critic,

But I am a food enthusiast.

Im not an ice cream lover,

But I am a gelato junkie!! (anything Italian I suppose)


The peeps and I stood at the beguiling counter and sampled every single one of the luscious, delectable, creamy flavors offered this day!!! We cooed and awed and salivated and our eyes rolled back in our heads in blissful euphoria with each bite. (I only saved a partial sampling of the cute little plastic spoons we collected) Knowing that this stuff is made with local fresh fruit only added to the delectableness of each taste. The offerings this day were flavors such as:

Coconut cream -tasted better than an Almond Joy bar!!

Chocolate orange (tasted better than the Christmas orange sticks..so much better!!)

Chocolate – tasted like fudge on steroids!!

Mandrain with Pine nuts- unusual flavor, but so, so good!!!

Cinnamon – oh so yummy and savory!! It was Annas favorite!

Strawberry Cantaloupe- amazing!!! I think this was my favorite!!

Berry Berry and More Berry- mild and delicious and the color was spectacular!!

And there was so many more....


It was just to hard to decide which velvety smooth gelato would fill our cups!!!

Relief from extreme decision making came when we discovered that we could choose TWO flavors for our cups!!! Oh joy oh joy!!!

Our taste bud reached Nirvana!!!

And it was heaven hang'in with 3 of the ladies I love.

Now I know where I'll be visiting again when I return to the northern regions. If you can, go find this wonderful spot in Sugar House.





While enjoying this vacation, I was also determined to try and keep up a certain level of fitness. So I also took every opportunity I could to go hiking. Taking good friends and dear family along with me was such a bonus!

Man oh man is it gorgeous in the canyons of Northern Utah!!!








This world we live in is so magnificent and full of delectable treats at every corner!!

Thank you good friends and family for sharing so much of it with me!!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh man do those pictures bring back YUMMY memories of Italy this summer. We ate gelato every day but one that we were in Rome!! YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!

Lynley said...

i really need directions to this place. sara and i were there one night and DIDN"T GO!!! now it's like this little invisible place. i cannot find it, even though i look and look.

jealous, too.

do you notice i'm jealous of your adventures a lot? not really jealous, just envious, which is better probably.

:O)

Cindy said...

The gelato place is located right off the main drag in Sugar House. Its across from the Walgreens!! Just know that there was truly a LOT of construction going right out front. We walked through it!!