Stephenson Family Ties The Barn Burnt Down
And Now I See The Moon
"Do you like vegetables?" Sophie asked, hoping to
steer the conversation towards a slightly less
dangerous kind of food.  "You is trying to change
the subject," the Giant said sternly.  "We is 
having an interesting babblement about the
taste of of human bean. The human bean is not a vegetable."
from: The BFG
by: Roald Dahl




Dear Little Brother,
Im writing to share a few things with you.  
I miss you.  We live in the same state, and yet I miss you.
I want you to know how proud I am of you and to let you know how much I think about you and pray for you and your dear family and for the work you do and for the work you have so recently been called to do.
Now that you have the added responsibility of being a bishop for a student ward at BYU...you are often in my thoughts and prayers.  I fear that the mantle will be a heavy one at times...but...I know it will also come with amazing opportunities and that you will build  some lasting  friendships and relationships through your experiences with the kids and the people you work with.  You are a wise and wonderful man, and I am so proud of you!
Next-
with the encouragement for your lovely niece, my daughter, we have been on a quest for the perfect Pho. (We feel it is Gods perfect food!!)  Well brother, I would be greatly amiss if I didnt inform you that we may have found it!! Anna and David discovered it first...and on my last trip up north she lead me there...to the ideal location for a foreign food establishment...a hole in the wall!!! On the west side no less!!!  It was there that I was introduced to the largest, most tasty and aromatic bowl of Pho I've ever eaten!!  It was divine!!!  You will find this little 'dive' of a place full of native Vietnamese people, with the help barely speaking english and the food looking yummier and more authentic than any other place we've tried!! You Must go little brother...take you sweet wife and GO!!! Then tell me what you think.  
PHO'HOA
3460 So Redwood Rd #1
West Valley City, Ut 84119 
Lastly...
I am hoping beyond hope...that we will share some good times this fall together in the seats of the Marriott Center, cheering our heads off and eating decadent pretzels together while watching the BYU cougars play some mean games of basketball!! GO BLUE!!!
Love you tons brother,
me













1 comment:

Cindy said...

Joe: Thanks for the nice blog post.

I’ve been to pho’hoa, just the other day as a matter of fact. I agree – spectacular pho!